Its been a long time since I wrote anything here. Been busy with many projects at work and hobby. Recently been working on a Ray Tracing Rendering Engine for our iOS / Android App "Iyan 3D". Ray Tracing has always been in my list for a very long time and finally got the time for it.
Its been so exciting to work on this project. Some of the topics I covered are listed below.
- Triangle Intersection & Fast KDTree based Hierarchical Octree.
- Added support to Intel Embree & own Ray Tracing frameworks.
- Reflection, Refraction, Diffuse, and Specular Materials.
- Ambient Occlusion & Global illumination.
- FOV Camera and 360 Degree video rendering.
- Antialiasing and Random Light Sampling.
- Plugin for our iOS and Android App.
iOS App: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id640516535
Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smackall.animator
The version to support RT is planned to be released in Jan 2016.